If a recipe calls for the zest of a citrus fruit, you can use the corresponding Essential Oil instead. Typically you will use one drop of oil to one tsp of citrus zest. Keep in mind that the Essential Oil is extracted from the rind so you won't typically substitute for a citrus juice.
Citrus Oils include Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Tangerine, and Wild Orange.
LIME Essential Oil supports healthy immune function, positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties, and is often used as an internal cleanser.
• Diffuse to cleanse the air and uplift your mood.
• Put some Lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
• Add one drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties.
• Combine with Melaleuca for a soothing scalp massage
• Diffuse while studying and then apply to wrists again while testing on those subjects.
• Add one to three drops to Coconut Oil when making fresh flavored popcorn.
• Add one drop to each filet of fish before baking or grilling for a yummy, citrusy flavor.
• Add two drops to your homemade salsa.
• Use one to three drops in your favorite marinade.
STRAWBERRY LIMEADE SLUSH RECIPE
• 2 c. freshly squeezed Lemonade
• 1 c. frozen Strawberries
• 8 drops LIME Essential Oil
• 3 c. Ice
• 3 tbsp. Raw Honey or Organic Cane Sugar
Combine all ingredients into a blender. For a more tart limeade, add the juice of one lime.
QUESTION – WHICH USE OF LIME ESSENTIAL OIL ARE YOU MOST LIKELY TO ENJOY?