We have already discussed pre-workout support, using Essential Oils during exercise, and post-workout muscle support. But sometimes it is not just certain areas that are tender; sometimes it is not just muscles that need attention.
You whole body needs to be taken care of, and a great way to calm and soothe the body after a great workout is with Essential Oils that provide those properties.
• White Fir
• Ylang Ylang
• Grounding Blend
• Restful Blend
SPIKENARD, a flowering plant of the Valerian family, is native to high altitudes in the sub-alpine and alpine regions of the Himalayan mountains.
SPIKENARD Essential Oil is steam distilled from the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries, traditionally used to anoint people of high honor and in the Ayurvedic health practices of India. Historically, SPIKENARD was used to uplift mood and promote relaxation.
SPIKENARD promotes clean, healthy skin. Today, the oil is commonly used in perfumes and relaxing massage oils for its woody, musty scent.
• Uplifting aroma.
• Promotes feelings of calmness and relaxation.
• Frequently used in aromatherapy and meditation for its grounding properties.
• Purifying to the skin.
• Diffuse or apply one to two drops to back of neck or to temples to promote feeling of calmness and relaxation.
• Create a personalized fragrance by combining Spikenard with Clove, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Myrrh, Wild Orange, Rose, and Vetiver.
• Combine with a hydrating cream to soften and smooth skin.
• Add one to two drops to your favorite cleanser or anti-aging product to promote healthy, glowing skin.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DIFFUSION: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
TOPICAL USE: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Another great way to unwind and relax is with a warm bath! Consider Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Grounding Blend, or Restful Blend Essential Oils for your soothing bath.
SOOTHE ME BATH SALT RECIPE
• 1 c. Epsom Salts
• 1/4 c. Baking Soda
• 1/4 c. Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
• 4–8 drops Essential Oils (Choose from the preceding paragraph)
Fill tub completely. Stir ingredients together. Add to bath and stir to distribute before getting in.
QUESTION – WHICH ESSENTIAL OIL LISTED ABOVE YOU LIKE TO USE TO TAKE A POST-WORKOUT BATH?